The first two waves of COVID-19 and the resultant lockdowns to arrest the spread of the pandemic have played havoc with the loss of lives and livelihood of people. Pay cuts and job losses during the prolonged lockdowns had pushed many towards poverty during the initial phases of the pandemic.
While we have gotten accustomed to leading a normal life in the pandemic period – as normalcy returned after opening up of the industries – a new variant of Coronavirus – the BF.7 sub-variant of Omicron – is threatening to disrupt the economy again.
“Assessments continue to be elimination-focused and not selection-focused. Hence, the dependency on interviews is higher. Even though work has moved hybrid, recruitment continues to be predominantly remote. This is primarily because virtual recruitment is both cost-effective and time-saving. Organisations as well as candidates prefer assessments to be conducted online and scheduling candidates for in-person interviews continue to be challenging. Be it campus hiring or lateral hiring, recruitment continues to happen remotely,” said Pasupathi S – Chief Operating Officer – HirePro.
- 5 Ways AI Is Helping HR in India
- 5 Powerful Ways AI and Psychometric Assessments Are Transforming Hiring
- Top 5 Advantages of Using Personality Tests in the Hiring Process
- Campus hiring in manufacturing: Trends and Opportunities
- How HirePro helped establish an efficient talent pipeline for a logistics firm