Campus recruitment is the practice of engaging, assessing, and hiring young talents from college campuses. Campus recruitment is among the key strategies for staffing at organizations with high recruitment needs since colleges house a large pool of young candidates.
Processing large volumes of applications can be a laborious task, and the need for efficiency has triggered a migration to online recruiting solutions. Online campus recruitment solutions have been around for a while, albeit at a lower scale. However, the onset of pandemic and social distancing guidelines has caused campus recruitment to shift completely to the digital space. The pandemic forced a transformation that an ageing traditional campus hiring process was slowly but surely inching towards. This change is benefiting both the employer and the candidate.
Digital transformation is the use of digital technology to manage business processes. It is the transition from a non-digital, manual process to a more refined, automated process. Digital campus hiring typically utilizes software applications to source, engage, interview, assess, and hire students. A good system ensures data capture at all stages, to analyze and determine indicators of a successful digital hiring strategy. Shifting to digital campus recruitment renders the following benefits-
- Efficiency: Manual processes are tedious and prone to errors. With the use of technology, recruiters can automate their tasks, increase throughput-rate, and fill vacant positions more quickly. In a digital landscape, organizations and professionals can leverage the power of tools available for recruitment. For instance, there are AI-based applications that analyze a candidate’s soft skills using interview footage.
- Productivity: A traditional university hiring process puts an immense burden on resources. Companies scramble to allot budgets, schedule activities, and expend personnel to be on-campus. Moving all the processes to an interactive digital platform helps save time and valuable resources.
- Reach: Recruiters use of tools such as social media platforms and email bursts, helps reach a broader talent network which is quite unlike the limited reach given the space constraints of traditional on-campus recruitment. Not only the recruiting professionals, but the students also benefit from this accessibility.
While digital transformation in university recruitment seems lucrative, change implementations are often met with resistance. A successful transformation often faces resistance due to the lack of a well-defined plan and change management technique. Goal setting, prioritizing tasks, and creating responsibility matrices are one way of negotiating the former. The latter can be dealt with a change management plan, executed by members with exceptional leadership and people skills.
As markets around us propose technology-oriented solutions, it is evident that there is a demand or preference for it, downstream. Digital solutions in campus recruitment alleviate management issues, making the gritty logistical processes extinct. The tools enable seamless planning, execution, and delivery. Information technology and online systems have added immense value to business processes and if you are looking to do the same with your campus recruiting efforts, HirePro has dedicated and comprehensive campus hiring solutions. Having realized the pain points of campus recruitment, we have designed our sophisticated products to address operational densities by means of automating workflows. We are here to deliver efficiency, reliability, and convenience across your campus hiring processes.
Forging a new path for talent acquisition
- Brace for impact: Why the post-pandemic world will reshape campus placement as we know it
- Five advantages of job-specific functional tests
- An in-depth guide on technical assessments
- Dos and Don’ts for conducting a successful technical assessment