Campus placements by Indian information technology (IT) services firms will be about 70 per cent of what the industry hired in 2018-19 (FY19), say analysts. Human resource (HR) experts say that hiring targets of companies will now go back to pre-pandemic levels after an aberration of demand flux over the past three years.
S Pasupathi, chief operating officer, HirePro, a recruitment automation and assessment solution provider focused on campus hiring, believes that FY24 will be the year of consolidation. Companies will go back to pre-Covid levels of campus hiring, he adds.
“If we take 2019-20 (FY20) as the baseline, what happened thereafter was an aberration. I worry that whatever companies did in terms of hiring in FY20, probably not more than 70 per cent of that will be hired this year,” he adds.
- 5 Ways AI Is Helping HR in India
- 5 Powerful Ways AI and Psychometric Assessments Are Transforming Hiring
- Top 5 Advantages of Using Personality Tests in the Hiring Process
- Campus hiring in manufacturing: Trends and Opportunities
- How HirePro helped establish an efficient talent pipeline for a logistics firm